Writing an essay not only requires good grammar and right spelling to capture the readers’ approval. You also need to know how to catch their attention and interest. And you can only do that by adding some spice to your essay. Leave something your readers will surely not forget. You may raise questions or use quotations. But what are the advantages of using quotes in an essay?
Advantages of Using Quotes in an Essay
- Using quotes in an essay provides authenticity to the paper.
- It signifies that the arguments raised in the essay are based on facts from a reputable author’s idea.
- It ensures that the essay is of good quality.
- It clearly validates a point.
- It contains great ideas which you may use as the basis as you expand the arguments of the essay.
- It sets an idea on how your essay will flow.
- It gives influence and integrity to your essay statement.
- It is a simple yet efficient way of making a claim.
- It elaborates the essay’s significance and purpose.
- It speaks about the author’s own points and opinions.
- It gives impact.
- It is the right way of persuading readers.
- It prevents readers from getting bored while going through the rest of the essay.
- It adds more interest.
- It leaves readers with something to ponder.
It is evident that using quotes in an easy is helpful enough to connect the main points of the whole paper. However, inserting quotes in an essay is not that easy. There are specific things to remember before integrating them with your essay.
How to Use Quotes in an Essay?
- Remember that when you choose a quote for your essay, it shouldn’t contradict with what you are supposed to say.
- You also have to explain the significance of the quote in relevance to the content of the essay.
- What you are trying to point out should coincide with the quotation.
- Don’t just insert quotes in your essay. Blend them with your own ideas.
- Make sure that the readers will understand the quotes you cited.
- Explain the relevance of the quotes to your essay.
- Don’t use quotes like you just plagiarized the essay. Illustrate the quotes using your own words.
- Acknowledge the author of the quote you used to verify that it is authentic.
Don’t limit yourself to the traditional way of writing that you have been so familiar with. Sometimes, it is better to put some twist and add some spice to what you are writing to prevent your readers from having tedious moments while reading. And after knowing all the advantages of using quotes in an essay, you then need to use them in the right way. It is not just simply inserting quotes to your paragraphs. There are certain rules that you have to follow. So avoid committing errors when it comes to writing.