College admission or application essay is one of the most important types of essay you ever have to write because based on its results your admission to a higher educational establishment will be decided. The main purpose of a college application essay is to reveal your personality, demonstrate your writing and analytical skills, and show an ability to organize and structure your thoughts in a logical manner.
When writing a college application essay you have to think of such a topic that will make you stand out from the rest of the applicants. Brainstorming ideas for your admission essay can sometimes be difficult but try to come up with a topic that will help uncover your talent, accomplishments, and your strong sides.
The following college admission essay topics will give you some fresh ideas for your essay and help organize your thoughts.
- Describe your interest or hobby that has special meaning to you.
- Tell a story about yourself that would best describe your personality.
- Describe one of your past experiences that you have been satisfied with the most.
- Describe your neighborhood that you grew up in and tell how it helped shape you into the person you are today.
- What have you done in the past that had helped your community?
- Describe a situation where you had to take a risk and discuss its impact on your life.
- If you had the power to change one thing in your community or in the world, what would you change and why?
- Describe a conversation you’ve had that changed your perspective?
- Tell why you are a perfect candidate to be accepted to this college.
- Describe a piece of art or a work of literature that has had a significant impact on your intellectual development and your appreciation of the fine arts.
- In your opinion, what are the most important extracurricular activities that every college should have?
- If you could change one day in your life, what would you change and why?
- Tell about yourself from positive as well as negative side.
- Describe the people who have influenced your personal development and in what way were they influential?
- What college education means to you?
- If you had a day to spend as you wish, how would you use your time?
- Describe a successful student.
- Describe a book you have read in the past that had impacted you and what you have gained from reading it.
- Think and write about a person who can change his direction.
- Describe your most important academic accomplishment or intellectual experience to date.
- Describe philosophy of your life.
- Discuss how some negative experience (disability, illness, failure) has had a positive influence on your life.
- Tell about your dreams and what you plan to achieve in your life.
- Describe how your friends would characterize you.
- Discuss the most important piece of advice you have ever received and explain its effect on your life.
- Describe your long-term career goals.
- Describe your unique qualities or characteristics that would allow you to contribute to this college.
- Why this specific career or profession is important to you?
- Describe an issue of local, national, or international concern and its imporance to you.
- What will you do with your college degree?
Share your college admission/application essay topic with us!