In 1984, International Association of Forensic Sciences, FBI Special Agent Robert K Ressler and several of his colleagues produced a paper listing the following 'general characteristics" of serial sex murderers:
· They tend to be intelligent and have IQ's in the 'bright normal' range.
· In spite of their high IQ's, they do poorly in school, have a hard time holding down jobs, and often work as unskilled laborers.
· They tend to come from markedly unstable
showed first 75 words of 1955 total
showed last 75 words of 1955 total
after life to prevention of a white revolution.
· Serial killers were always classed as insane, yet tests on some can prove negative. For instance, Jeffrey Dahmer.
· Some types can overlap, e.g. Herbert Mullin heard voices telling him to kill in order to prevent an earthquake in California. This was both visionary and mission orientated. And Dahmer was hedonistic and power seeker; he derived pleasure from killing them, but liked asserting power over his victims.