Euthanasia : for and against
At any one time, over 10,000 patients in Canada are in a permanently vegetative
State (Bender, 34). In addition, thousands of profoundly handicapped infants are born each year. As life-
sustaining medical technology continues to improve and lengthen the process of dying, those numbers will
steadily increase. This, along with several other factors, is why euthanasia should be legalized throughout
Allowing doctors to administer a lethal dose is much more
showed first 75 words of 1369 total
showed last 75 words of 1369 total
1. Cassel, Christine. "Morals and Moralism in the Debate over Euthanasia
and Assisted Suicide". Waltham: Greenhaven Press, Inc., 1992.
2. Cantor, L. Norman. "Legal Frontiers of Death and Dying.". Bloominton,
IN: Indiana University Press, 1987.
3. Barnard, Christiaan Neethling. "Good Life Good Death". Englewood
Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1980.
4. Bender, David et al. "Euthanasia--Opposing Viewpoints". San Diego:
Greenhaven Press, Inc., 1995.
5. Hofsess, John. "Born Free--but we die in chains."