4 - 15 - 99
The Impact of the Magna Carta
Have you ever wondered where our past leaders got the idea for the
American Constitution? The rights of freedom, equality, and justice for all, which
are held sacred, were not always guaranteed for all citizens. Many were
deprived of life, liberty, and the right to own property. Others were denied public
trials and the lower class were looked upon as inferior.
showed first 75 words of 1289 total
showed last 75 words of 1289 total
1. Brant, Irving. The Bill of Rights. New York: The BOBBS-MERRILL Company,
2. Bryant, Sir Arthur. Makers of England. New York: Doubleday and Company,
3. Daugherty, James. The Magna Carta. New York: Random House, Inc., 1956.
4. Harbison, Winfred. The American Constitution. New York: W.W. Norton and
Company, Inc., 1948.
5. Holt, J.C. Magna Carta. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1965.
6. Warren, W.C. King John. New York: W.W. Norton and Company, Inc., 1961.