"Terrorism Against Women"
Since the atrocities of September 11, 2001, people across the world have heard an earful about the government in Afghanistan, known as the Taliban, and its radical views. Recently, it sponsored the terrorist organization Al-Qaeda, whose terrorist members flew planes into and destroyed the World Trade Center and parts of the Pentagon, and ended thousands of innocent lives. Also, they hijacked a plane that later was crashed in a remote field in Pennsylvania killing
showed first 75 words of 2096 total
showed last 75 words of 2096 total
on the women of Afghanistan will not fade so easily, but the sun is rising and the beginning of a new era is dawning.
1. "About Face for Afghan Women," Time Magazine, Nov. 25, 2001.
2. "Liberating the Women of Afghanistan," New York Times. New York; Nov. 24 2001.
3. Shah, Saira, "In the Land of my Father." www.rawa.org, December 1 2001.
4. www.cnn.com, November 28, 2001.
5. www.rawa.org, December 3, 2001.
6. www.savethechildren.org/Afghanistan/women, December 4, 2001.
7. www.usnews.com, December 3, 2001.