Explain the main ideas of Buddhism and comment on any similarities with Christian faith.
Buddhism is one of the most widely practiced and highly respected religions in the world today. Conceived in the 5th or 6th century it is based on the life and teaching’s of prince Siddhartha Guatama who later in life would be known as “the Buddha” or as he referred to himself “one who is awake”. Buddha’s approach is set
showed first 75 words of 900 total
showed last 75 words of 900 total
H. Von Stietencron, H. Bechert, Christianity and the world Religions, (1984), Munich: R. Piper Verlag.
- J. Hinnels, Dictionary of Religions, (1984), Middlesex: Penguin Books
- G. Beckerlegge, The World Religions Reader, (1998), London: Routledge
- Website - http://home.earthlink.net/~srama/index.html
- Dharma & Nirvana Website - http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/5215/
Catholic Encyclopaedia website -http://www.kniiiiight.org./advent/cathn/03028b.htm
- Buddhist studies virtual library - http://www.ciolek.com/WWWVL-Buddhism.html