Crimes of the Heart
A. Where is the play?
1. Hazlehurst, Mississippi USA
2. The scenes take place in the home of the Magrath sisters. (Actually it's their grandfather's house, but it is cared for and inhabited primarily by Lenny Magrath.)
3. The house is old, the exact age and condition is not described.
B. When is the play?
1. The play takes place in the summer sometime during the late 19 70's to early 1980's.
2. The play takes
showed first 75 words of 433 total
showed last 75 words of 433 total
1. Long before the play began the Magrath sisters' mother apparently hung herself along with the her cat.
2. After the mothers death the grandparents took custody of the girls.
3. The grandmother died.
4. The Magrath sisters were taken care of by the grandfather solely after that.
5. Meg abandoned Doc Porter in Biloxi during a hurricane.
6. Babe Married Botrelle.
7. Lenny met her man from Memphis.
8. Babe shot Botrelle.
9. Lenny wired Meg telling her to come home.