The American Constitution: A Historical Background 1781-1788
Thesis Statement: The ratification of the United States Constitution in 1787 provided the framework for a new system of government.
I. General Background
B. Human Affairs
II. Background of the Constitution
A. Articles of Confederation
B. Shay’s Rebellion
III. Constitutional Convention
A. Popular Control
B. Limited Power
IV. Framers of the Constitution
A. George Washington
B. Benjamin Franklin
C. James Madison
D. George Mason
showed first 75 words of 1707 total
showed last 75 words of 1707 total
of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
1. United States. Commission on the Bicentennial of the United States
Washington, D.C.; GPO 1996.
2. Robinson, L. Donald. Slavery in the Structure of American Politics 1765-1920. New York: Jovanovich, Inc., 1971.
3. Grolier Electronic Publishing Encyclopedia. CD ROM 1995.
4. Caughey, W. John. A History of the United States. Chicago: Rand McNally
and Company, 1964.
5. America On-line. Internet Service.