1. gauge- width of a train track
2. network- system of connected railroad lines
3. consolidate- combine
4. rebate- discount
5. pool- system in which several railroad companies agreed to divide up the buisness in an area
1. Bessemer process- method developed in the 1850s to produce
strongersteel at a lower cost.
2. vertical integration- practice in which a single manufacturer controls
all of the steps used to change raw materials into
3. corporation- business that is owned
showed first 75 words of 1479 total
showed last 75 words of 1479 total
Jones best knwon for?
The best known women in the labor movement was Irish-born. Spoke publicy
6. Why is the Triangle Shirtwaist Company fire significant in the labor movement?
The company had locked the doors to keep nworkers at their jobs. Shocked enough people other states started safety rules.
7. Why were unions not popular in the U.S. in the late 1800s?
Many were afriad that unions were run by foriegn-born racicals. Were disturbed by stikes.