"Heaven and Hell and sunset and rainbows and the aurora all fused into on divine harmony . . . " It is by the goodness of God that in out country we have those three unspeakable precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them. Samuel Clemens' profound response to beauty was immediately and untrammeled-the beauty of nature, for which no special training is necessary for appreciation. The quote above supports
showed first 75 words of 3480 total
showed last 75 words of 3480 total
as a Literary Artist. (c) 1950 Univ. Of Oklahoma Press.
3. Bloom, Harold. Mark Twain: Modern Critical Views. (c) 1986 Chelsea House Publishing.
4. McNeer, May / Ward, Lynd. America's Mark Twain. (c) 1962 by May McNeer and Lynd Ward.
5. Miller, Robert Keith. Mark Twain. (c) 1983 Frederick Ungar Publishing Co.
6. Twain, Mark. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. (c) 1889 by Charles L. Webster.
7. Information Finder. Mark Twain. (c) 1994 World Book, Inc.
8. Microsoft Encarta 96 Encyclopedia. Mark Twain. (c) 1993-1996 Microsoft Corporation.