Did Jonathan Swift's literary works reflect the life and times in which he lived? While researching for this paper I have read many criticisms, biographies and articles. In reading those I have come to the conclusion that his works clearly represented his life and times. I hope that by the end of this paper you agree.
Jonathan Swift was born only 7 months after his father's death, on November 30th, 1667. His mother raised Jonathan
showed first 75 words of 2538 total
showed last 75 words of 2538 total
Harold Bloom. New York: Chelsea House, 1986.
6. Golden, Morris. The Self Observed. Maryland: Hopkins, 1972.
7. Read, Charles A. Jonathan Swift (1667-1745). Dublin, 1880. http://genealogy.org/~ajmorris/ireland/swift.htm.
8. Lee, Jaffe. Biography. Last updated February 8, 1999. http://www.jaffebros.com/lee/gulliver/sources/biography.html.
9. Hartpole, William E. Biographical Introduction. Last Updated February 20, 1998 http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/hum_303/enlightenment.html.
10. Paulson, Ronald. "The Parody of Eccentricity." Modern Critical Views-Jonathan Swift. Ed. Harold Bloom. New York: Chelsea House, 1986.