The use of heroin continues to climb in most areas. The number of varieties and sources of heroin available, combined with an increased domestic demand make the heroin market the fastest growing drug market reported. While there are indications of increased use of heroin among younger, suburban users, it is the cadre of older, inner-city heroin users that drive the heroin market (DEA 1996). Almost all areas report that the majority of heroin users are
showed first 75 words of 1761 total
showed last 75 words of 1761 total
Views of Drug Addiction and it's Treatment. JAMA, Vol. 282, No. 14, 10-13-1999.
4. Mckim, William A. (1996). The risk of heroin overdose, Drug Behavior, 56.
5. Nadelmann, Ethan (1996). Methadone Maintenance Page at Lindesmith Center, Drug Research Institute.
6. Partnership for a Drug Free America. (1996) Drug Free Resource Net.
7. Siegal, S. (1982) Drug dissociation in 19th century. 267-262.
8. Strain, Bigelow, Liebson, & Stitzer (1999). Moderate- vs High- Dose Methadone in the Treatment of Opiod Dependence. JAMA, Vol. 282, No. 11, 3-17-1999.
9. DEA Press Release. (June 21, 1995)