Henri Becquerel, a French physicist, was born in Paris on December 15, 1852. His grandfather, Antoine-Cesar Becquerel, had fought at the battle of Waterloo in 1815 and later earned a considerable reputation as a physicist. He made important contributions to the study of electrochemistry, meteorology, and agriculture. Henri father, Alexander-Edmond Becquerel, also made a name for himself in science. His research-included studies on photography, heat, and the conductivity of hot gases, and luminescence.
showed first 75 words of 1178 total
showed last 75 words of 1178 total
of Scientist (pg42)
2. Notable Twentieth-Century Scientist (pg134)
3. Dictionary of Scientist(pg42)
4. Notable Twentieth-Century Scientist(pg134)
5. Dictionary of Scientific Biography(pg559)
6. Dictionary of Scientific Biography(pg559)
7. Notable Twentieth-Century Scientist(pg135)
8. Notable Twentieth-Century Scientist(pg135)
9. Microsoft Encarta 98 Encyclopedia
Microsoft Encarta 98 Encyclopedia: Microsoft Corporation.
Muir, Hazel. Dictionary of Scientists: Larousse Inc.
New York 1994
Dictionary of Scientific Biography: Volume I, Charles Scribner’s Sons.
New York 1970
Notable Twentieth-Century Scientist: Volume I A-E, Gale Research Inc.