World Civilization II
April 17, 1998
The Great Wall of China
To the northwest and north of Beijing, a huge, serrated wall zigzags it's way to the east and west along the undulating mountains. This is the Great Wall, which is said to be visible from the moon. This massive wall has not only been one of the Ancient Seven Wonders of the World, but it has also been inspiration for many artists, and writers. The building
showed first 75 words of 2859 total
showed last 75 words of 2859 total
-li Great Wall. New York, Crabtree Publishing Company, 1958
10. Forbes, Geraldine. Asian Studies. New York, Mifflin Company, 1993
11. China, A Country Study. United States Government, Federal Research Division, 1988; 11-15.
12. Twitchett, Denis and Loewe, Michael. The Cambridge History of China: Volume 1. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, England, 1986; 61- 63.
13. Twitchett, Denis. The Cambridge History of China: Volume 3. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, England, 1979; 56-59.
14. Ledoux, Trish. Ancient Civilizations: Sanfrancisco, Mixx publishers, 1984
15. Muyaka, Ho Chin, Huang River: New York, Penguin Publishers, 1994