Lesson 1: Making Healthy Choices
Lesson Assignment 1.1
3. Wellness- a condition of physical, intellectual, environmental, and social well-being
4. Life expectancy
5. Health behavior, physical environment, hereditary influences, and quality of health care services
7. Physical, intellectual, emotional, social
8. No. The skiing example is a great illustration of this point. Skiing has many risks of serious injury, but the positive outcome of fun and satisfaction outweigh the negative outcome.
9. Identify the problem. Consider your options. Evaluate the
showed first 75 words of 357 total
showed last 75 words of 357 total
that help keep the temperature consistently between 97-99 *F. Perspiration as well as blood flow is used to release heat. In heat blood vessels dilate and you sweat release heat to cool the body. In the cold sweat glands slow production and blood vessels do not dilate. Also the fat is used to combat the cold. Additionally, hairs compress and cuddle against the skin to trap the heat.
6. Sun screen