This experiment tests the behavior of planaria towards a slice of salted liver versus an unsalted slice of liver. Although eight subjects did not respond at all, a total of thirty planarians moved to either the salted or unsalted slice of liver with a slight favor of sixteen individuals preferring the unsalted slice.
&lt;Tab/&gt;Planarians cannot regulate their internal pressure against that low of a salt concentration. (Champion) This
showed first 75 words of 801 total
showed last 75 words of 801 total
to the point where the planaria were no longer interested. In conclusion this experiment has revealed the sensory of planaria and preference for liver without salt.
1. M. Champion (http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/1075999541.Gb.r.html)
2. Jonathan (http://www.users.voicenet.com/~ginette/plantxt.htm)
3. M. Singh (Funk and Wagnall's Encyclopedia) Vol. 17 1995
4. J. Collins (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/GIsenberg/planaria.htm)
5. H. Jennings (http://ameba.i.hosei.ac.jp/DIB/Jenn04/)