(1) Trumans civil rights committee: In 1947 Trumans Civil Rights Committee recommended laws protecting the right of African Americans to vote and banning segregation on railroads and buses. It also called for a federal law punishing lynching. He issued executive orders ending segregation in the armed forces and prohibiting job discrimination in all government agencies.
(2) Brown V. the Board of Education (1954): In 1954 the Supreme Court made one of the most important decisions in its long history. It
showed first 75 words of 533 total
showed last 75 words of 533 total
have a dream":
1. " Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice".
2. " Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty, we are free at last!"
3. " I have a dream that one day this great nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: ' We hold these truths to be self evident: that all men are created equal."