To answer this challenging question, one must compare both entrepreneurs to small business managers or owners and entrepreneurial ventures to small businesses. One must also ascertain the meanings of the terms, entrepreneur and small business owner.
The definition of an entrepreneur is a commonly argued point, with several definitions having been given by many different people. The dictionary gives an entrepreneur as 'A person who engages in business enterprise, usually with some personal financial risk`.
showed first 75 words of 1607 total
showed last 75 words of 1607 total
Is a question worth asking."
· Carland, Carland, Hoy & Boulton - "Differentiating Entrepreneurs from Small Business Owners: A Conceptualisation."
· Lecture Notes - Luke Pittaway
· www.virgin.co.uk - Richard Bransons' Biography
· Kuratko D.F & Hodgetts R.M. - Entrepreneurship - A Contemporary Approach (Fourth Edition, Dryden Press Entrepreneurship Series)
· Kilby P - Entrepreneurship and economic development (1971)
· Hournaday J.A & Aboud J. - Characteristics of successful entrepreneurs (1971)
· Glueck W.F. - Business policy and strategic management (1980)